DevPinoy.org
A Filipino Developers Community

Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition Give-away!

rated by 0 users
This post has 47 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 4,980
marl Posted: 02-18-2009 3:58 PM

I am thinking of giving away a copy of Visual Studio 2008 (Standard version) to a DevPinoy member. Maybe if you could respond to this post and tell me why you deserve it, you could be that one lucky guy/girl that would have a Visual Studio 2008 (std ver) in his/her hand on April 2009.

What do you think?

-Marlon

devpinoy sig

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 31
Points 400

Hi,

I think i deserve the Visual Studio 2008 copy because Visual Studio is my life! ^_^

without it i think i'm jobless right now! Smile

Visual Studio 2008 has its new features that's why i like to have it to study it when im home. Big Smile

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 4
Points 20

I live, sleep eat and breath Visual Studio!!!!!!!!!!! and i sooo need an upgrade!!

I am a big fan of the site even if i dont win, you have the best Filipino Developers Community on the planet!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,038
Points 42,060

Let's up the ante and double the prize for this one. I have another Visual Studio 2008 Standard edition on my shelf that I'd love to give away too! The winner of this contest will win My VS 2008 Standard Edition and Marl's VS 2008 Standard Edition plus 2 Resharper license. 1 for the winner and one for him/her to give to a friend. You need to tell us why you deserve the copy of VS 2008 and who you are giving the other copy to and why.

There should be a deadline and rules for the entries too. Marl? Stick out tongue

devpinoy sig

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 31
Points 400

i'm gonna go ALL IN.. Big Smile

Can i suggest that the first one who replied to post wins! just joking..Big Smile

what should be the rules for the contest?

i want that copy of Visual Studio! ^_^

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 547
Points 8,985

I already have the team edition of VS2008. I'm more interested in Keith's ReSharper licence, I hope sakin ibigay ni keith Wink

Chris Vega This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights My Weblog|Visit MSDN Community
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 4,980

keithrull:

Let's up the ante and double the prize for this one. I have another Visual Studio 2008 Standard edition on my shelf that I'd love to give away too! The winner of this contest will win My VS 2008 Standard Edition and Marl's VS 2008 Standard Edition plus 2 Resharper license. 1 for the winner and one for him/her to give to a friend. You need to tell us why you deserve the copy of VS 2008 and who you are giving the other copy to and why.

There should be a deadline and rules for the entries too. Marl? Stick out tongue

This is so huge even Microsoft itself cannot afford to do this swag give-away! DevPinoy Rocks! My criteria is simple: 

"I deserve to win this because...and I am giving my second copy to...because..."

I prefer my winner to be living in the Philippines (not working abroad. Mayayaman na kayo!)

Deadline? Since HUGE prizes are at stake, we can hold this for longer period to give enough time for Pinoy Devs to come in and be part of it. 

Keith, when if and when you have time call or email me for the criteria. Father na ba? :-) Marlon

devpinoy sig

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 20
Points 295

I deserve to win this because I cannot afford to buy a Visual Studio 2008. Still Im a huge fan of Visual Studio and this great organization devpinoy.org. The blog and the discussion here help me a lot in my career as a developer. Thanx for this community.....

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 13
Points 260

I deserve to win a copy of visual studio 2008 and a resharper because this is where my career started. With these tools i can easily do a simple application in less than an hour. I know there are alot of new features in vs2008 that i want to learn and share also because a new version of visual studio is fast approaching.

For me nothing beats visual studio. Visual Studio ROCKS!!!

-------------------- Lightning Revenent...
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 33
Points 380

I deserve to win because I feel bad for my dev team. I'm the only one with VS 2008 and all of them still using the express editions. Having extra VS will certainly boost my team's overall productivity.

*yeah, I' joining this contest for them, jejeje

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 882
Points 13,565

marl:

I am thinking of giving away a copy of Visual Studio 2008 (Standard version) to a DevPinoy member. Maybe if you could respond to this post and tell me why you deserve it, you could be that one lucky guy/girl that would have a Visual Studio 2008 (std ver) in his/her hand on April 2009.

What do you think?

-Marlon

I'm gonna be doing some .Net on my next job (surprised?). That is, 50%.Net and 50% Java according to my interviewer. So maybe you could help me get up to speed with .Net by letting me win that VS 2008! Thanks!

[]{""Become Rich",  "Java Blog"};

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 137
Points 2,125

Im completely broke, famished and literally cannot afford anything  ... after buying me a new beamer.

I'm most deserving to get the VS2008.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 10,775
I deserve to win this because... I honestly haven't used VS2008 before. So if I get it, I'll be using it for the first time, and in return - you'll have the right to tell the world that you're the one responsible in taking away my VS2008 innocence and virginity. Ohhhh... *Priceless*. :)

devpinoy sig

I'm giving my second copy to... anyone who will ask for it ... because... I'm a very jolly person and that's what jolly persons do.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 4,980

I have not yet decided on the exact deadline date for my give-away but I am looking at the last week of April. Please keep your entries coming. I am checking this thread everyday.

devpinoy sig

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 10,775
C'mon peeps! We have about 1 1/2 months for this!!! :P

Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Copyright DevPinoy 2005-2008