Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

I'm currently suffering from a terrible back pain... I wasn't able to get much sleep before my examination day because I was so nervous and afraid that I would fail. God on the other hand, was very forgiving and in spite all the sins I've done he still answered my prayers(during the exam) and I passed with a passing score of 79% (57 / 79). I'm so proud that I passed the exam, it was the fruit of my hard work. For those who are planning to take the exam I would recommend:

- Buying K & B Study guide for Java 5

- Examulator (Marcus Green's) simulator

- Eat a lot of peanuts(the one which has lots of proteins)

- Drink lots of water before your exam, be sure you don't drink too much that you'd have to pee all the time...

- Eat some meat, TAPSILOG did great for me. :)

- Get some sleep(I didn't, don't follow my example on this)

- Fix whatever issue you have to fix with your girlfriend (I was caught up in a fight and that added to my stress factor)

I really wanted to score higher, around 90%. Unfortunately I wasn't good enough to score that high. But I'm happy I passed.

Published 04-26-2007 2:03 AM by lamia
Filed under: ,

Comments

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:05 PM by adonhis

Congrats Master Lamia!

That's the spirit and price for being passionate in programming! Always keep on inspiring and motivating us Pinoy Developers! ;)

Cheers!

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:12 PM by cruizer

congrats!!! :)

Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:29 PM by Congrats Master Lamia! « Just An Ordinary Web Guy!

# Congrats Master Lamia! « Just An Ordinary Web Guy!

Pingback from  Congrats Master Lamia! « Just An Ordinary Web Guy!

Friday, April 27, 2007 7:00 AM by keithrull

Congrats Lamia!

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:44 AM by lamia

Thank you guys! :)

Monday, April 30, 2007 8:53 AM by barakoboy

congrats!!! galing galing!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:54 AM by Jobin Abraham

Congrats!!

and thanks for the tips

I wanted to know about your experience during the exam

and what are the areas you think that we should pinpoint

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:29 AM by Kapil

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

congrats... thanks for the tips... and also please let me know if u had any dumps... also is the book is sufficient...

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:50 AM by robin

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

Thanks for the tips. i would like to know from you if its necessary to have java programming experience to clear the test? I dont have the practical experience but i intend to take up the test.

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:12 PM by er445er14

somestrangetextvista

Friday, October 05, 2007 6:15 PM by er445er14

somestrangetextvista

Saturday, October 06, 2007 1:59 AM by aoritro

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

hey..at first congrates to you.

i m a newbie in JAVA..i wanna sit for SCJP.

(I live in dhaka)..would u pls inform me from which exam center i can sit for exam.Please mail me the information.

thanx inadvance

aoritro

[pls send information to mail address]

Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:51 PM by jokiz

wow spams

Sunday, October 21, 2007 4:15 PM by bob

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

cJhEHH hi good site thx http://peace.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:25 AM by Deepesh

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

plzzzzzzzz   i am very confused about the number of question they will ask in current scjp 1.5 exam,some body is telling 72  but somebody is telling 82,,  and how much wil be the passing marks

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:45 AM by lamia

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

The 1.5 exam I took only had 72. Though there were questions like  , literally, "how confident are you in working with threads?".

Sunday, December 16, 2007 7:54 AM by izah

SCJP 1.5 consists of 72 questions and the passing score is 59%

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 7:59 PM by Krishna

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:38 AM by SCJP Prep

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

Good work dude. Your site is very useful for SCJP takers.The exam is definitely challenging and people out there needs to be helped. So how much did you score in the SCJP?

I have my own blog too for SCJP, please inculde this link if you find it useful.

www.crack-scjp.blogspot.com

Thanks.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:05 PM by varshney

hi congrates!!!

could please tell me if you are having material to do study of JAVA1.5....

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:40 PM by Varshney

congrates!!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:58 PM by Chiru

Questions are 72 only

Friday, May 23, 2008 2:37 AM by Tas

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

I Passed Scjp exam with 87% .. It was really intresting... It requires ....

* Good knowledge of core java....

* syntax

* Logic

* loop fundamentals

* Working of threads

* Some Awt api functionality

* Faith In your Self

All The Best....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:25 PM by javazealot

Congrats! Buti ka pa SJCP ka na. hehehe

Monday, August 18, 2008 12:02 AM by Ashish Hareet

# re: Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam

Check out free mock exams for SCJP 6.0 & SCJP 6.0 at <a href="http://www.irixtech.com">iRix Technologies - SCJP 5.0 & SCJP 6.0 Mock Exams</a>

Would you like to contribute questions for the SCJP community. Use our contact form to learn how you can help fellow programmers with their SCJP.

Thanks

iRix Technologies

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:36 AM by Neha

Congrats Lamia,

Good Tips For SCJP takers...

Will like to Add More...

Do lots of practice for Mock papers.

For this I found this site technoheads.blogspot.com, very nice.

It is called "SCJP 1.5 tips and Tricks".