Passed SCJP 1.5 - And some tips before taking the exam
I'm currently suffering from a terrible back pain... I wasn't able
to get much sleep before my examination day because I was so nervous
and afraid that I would fail. God on the other hand, was very forgiving
and in spite all the sins I've done he still answered my prayers(during
the exam) and I passed with a passing score of 79% (57 / 79). I'm so
proud that I passed the exam, it was the fruit of my hard work. For
those who are planning to take the exam I would recommend:
- Buying K & B Study guide for Java 5
- Examulator (Marcus Green's) simulator
- Eat a lot of peanuts(the one which has lots of proteins)
- Drink lots of water before your exam, be sure you don't drink too much that you'd have to pee all the time...
- Eat some meat, TAPSILOG did great for me. :)
- Get some sleep(I didn't, don't follow my example on this)
- Fix whatever issue you have to fix with your girlfriend (I was caught up in a fight and that added to my stress factor)
I really wanted to score higher, around 90%. Unfortunately I wasn't good enough to score that high. But I'm happy I passed.