Our Development Team's Current Composition

I've been interviewing lately for developers to fill the 2 open positions in my company and I've just realized an interesting stat inside our development team. A year and a half ago there where:

• 4 Caucasians, 2 from India, 2 Chinese, 2 Filipino
    • 2 of the 10 Developers are girls. 1 Chinese and 1 from India.

After 1 year 1/2 with people resigning and us hiring a new batch of developers, composition changed into:

• 1 Caucasian, 1 Filipino, 2 Chinese and 5 from India.
    • 4 of the 9 Developers are girls. 1 Chinese and 3 from India.

Pretty interesting huh? It's really amazing how the composition of our team changed in a year and a half. I guess its because of the turnover that we have encountered in the past few months..

So how about you? Whats the composition of your IT team?

Posted 08-14-2007 4:12 PM by keithrull

Comments

lamia wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-14-2007 11:09 PM

My team right now is composed of all Filipinos :)

visitor wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-15-2007 12:00 AM

all trainees; few jr programmer and 1 senior

barakoboy wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-15-2007 10:53 PM

all pinoys, all great developers, excellent work habits.

couldn't ask for more.   =)

willydavidjr wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-16-2007 2:13 AM

Same with visitor but with many seniors.

jop wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-16-2007 2:33 AM

13 developers, spread across two countries, all writing legacy code.

lamia wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-16-2007 3:20 AM

Hmmmm... I hope when Keith meant team he meant that those who are working on a similar project with me. Otherwise, we won't be an all Filipino anymore. :)

n.ocampo wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-16-2007 4:52 AM

our team, composed of 2 americans, 2 pinoy and 1 indian

keithrull wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-16-2007 7:42 AM

There's 5 Sr. Devs, 2 Mid Level and 2 QA on my team. We don't have any jr. guys anymore because we try to hire people with more experience rather than plant the seed and grow( it hink its my companys mentality )

gargar wrote re: Our Development Team's Current Composition
on 08-23-2007 3:44 PM

I'm not a developer, but I'm in IT staffing. I'm the only Filipino here and the rest (at least 8 others) are Indian. Oh, and one American. Last year, in my old company, we were all Filipinos, and the only Indian was the boss. This is definitely a big change for me from last year :)