ToolBar.DropDownArrows property is flawed
An officemate of mine could not disable the DropDownArrows for the DropDownButton style ToolBarButton. After trying it out and using Reflector, I found out that the default value for the DropDownArrows property of the .NET ToolBar is not properly configured. The DefaultValue of the said property is FALSE while the initialized value is set to TRUE. It is a rule in .NET to always synchronize the two values.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Drag a ToolBar control to a form. (You'll notice that the DropDownArrows property is already set to TRUE, bold signifying a a non-default value)
- Add some buttons to its button collection.
- Configure one of the toolbarbutton to be DropDownButton Style
- Set the ToolBar's DropDownArrows property to FALSE
- At designtime, you will not see the DropDownArrows. Hit F5 (run) to see the inconsistency.