Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code

It was my first time to join a community event in Singapore during yesterday's Heroes Community Launch and it was a blast!  It was also cool to see that of nine presentors during the event, three of us are Pinoys.  I definitely am looking forward to meeting more of the community people soon.

First-time jitters got to me though. Towards the end of my demonstration, I encountered a problem which I didn't encounter during my personal run-through while preparing for it.  And when I saw the "15 minutes left" sign from the organisers I knew I was in trouble! Stick out tongue Fortunately the attendees were patient and didn't walk out on me, ha ha.

Anyway, as promised, here are the slides and demo code. The problem I encountered was because I was trying to trigger a UI event indirectly from the data bound to the control. I'll make sure I'll never do that again! Download the links below:

Maybe next time I'll imitate Pom and put in some video (or series of screenshots -- maybe less than 213 screens, huh?) as backup just in case I flub the demo. Or I can do some cut-n-pasting in the background to ensure I'm not putting in typos and stuff (does anybody have a nice free tool that can do this?). I guess I'm getting old.

Posted 05-18-2008 4:27 PM by cruizer

Comments

edu wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-18-2008 6:09 PM

try mo snippets bossing. tipid na sa oras, sure ka pang walang typo.

marl wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-19-2008 1:25 AM

can you point me to a simple silverlight web app for digital media content. May mga video tutorials kasi kami sa company na kailangan i-present sa web at gusto kong gawin through silverlight...thanks

cruizer wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-19-2008 4:34 PM

here's one: silverlight.net/.../default.aspx but it's for Silverlight 1.0, which you can only script via JavaScript. but that's the production release.

cruizer wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-19-2008 8:20 PM

here's another media-related Silverlight article: ddj.com/.../207800861

seishin wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-20-2008 8:57 PM

Nice presentation sir cruizer! Sayang medyo kinapos ng oras at di mo na napresent ung iba. Anyway, thanks for the slides and demos!

cruizer wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-21-2008 1:06 AM

nandun ka ba seishin?! ba't di ka nagpakilala?! :P

seishin wrote re: Silverlight 2 Unit Testing: slides and code
on 05-21-2008 7:29 PM

Yup! Isa ako dun sa mga nasa harapan na taas ng taas ng kamay. Di nako nakalapit kasi yung mga kasama ko gutom na kaya naglabasan na agad kami para kumain. :p

.NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX » Blog Archive » no {frills} - the philippine {heroes} community launch event wrote .NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX » Blog Archive » no {frills} - the philippine {heroes} community launch event
on 05-27-2008 1:19 AM

Pingback from  .NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX  » Blog Archive   » no {frills} - the philippine {heroes} community launch event

.NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX » Blog Archive » Silverlight Unit Testing slides — but no code :( wrote .NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX » Blog Archive » Silverlight Unit Testing slides — but no code :(
on 06-18-2008 7:41 PM

Pingback from  .NET @ Kape Ni LaTtEX  » Blog Archive   » Silverlight Unit Testing slides — but no code :(